Even though the defining stylistic feature of this wine comes from Burgundy, it is 100% Tuscan. The influence of the sea breeze and cool nights make it possible to produce this white wine in selected parcels, which ties in with the great role models with its elegant, silky texture, and its freshness and finesse. It owes its golden yellow colour, complexity and notes of caramel and toasted bread to ageing in barriques and concrete eggs, and its aromas of lemon, pear, quince and pineapple, of almonds and ripe apple to the ideal climatic conditions. As great lovers of Chardonnay, the production of this white wine in small quantities (approx. 5,000 bottles per vintage) is something close to our hearts.
"Genuine liquid gold, our Chardonnay 2012 overwhelms the senses with its intensity and unleashes all the aromatic complexity of this sun-filled year."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100 % Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep shiny gold with touches of lime green.
- On the nose: Explosion of cedar, walnuts, honey, toasted bread, vanilla, honeysuckle with touches of pear, laurel, caramel and crème brulée.
- On the plate: Fresh entrance lingering on lemon, brioche, pineapple with touches of quince and star fruit.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately, whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations, aging on fine lees with batonnage 100% gravity
- Aging: 14 months in French oak barrels for 75% of the production, of which 25% is new oak. The remaining 25% is aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels
- Mundus Vini: Silver medal
- James Suckling: 91/100
- The Wine Party: Ratings
- The Wine Advocate: 91/100