This type of vine poses a challenge in Tuscany – although the sea breeze, cool nights, and soil structure make it possible to produce this single varietal white wine in a select few locations. Its crispness and elegant texture are similar to the great examples of Burgundy; it owes its complex aroma to careful work in the vineyard and aging in both barriques and concrete. A unique Chardonnay from the Tuscan coast, produced in very limited quantities.
"Genuine liquid gold, our Chardonnay 2012 overwhelms the senses with its intensity and unleashes all the aromatic complexity of this sun-filled year."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100 % Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Mundus Vini: Silver medal
- James Suckling: 91/100
- The Wine Party: Ratings
- The Wine Advocate: 91/100
- Color: Deep shiny gold with touches of lime green.
- On the nose: Explosion of cedar, walnuts, honey, toasted bread, vanilla, honeysuckle with touches of pear, laurel, caramel and crème brulée.
- On the plate: Fresh entrance lingering on lemon, brioche, pineapple with touches of quince and star fruit.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately, whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations, aging on fine lees with batonnage 100% gravity
- Aging: 14 months in French oak barrels for 75% of the production, of which 25% is new oak. The remaining 25% is aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels