This type of vine poses a challenge in Tuscany – although the sea breeze, cool nights, and soil structure make it possible to produce this single varietal white wine in a select few locations. Its crispness and elegant texture are similar to the great examples of Burgundy; it owes its complex aroma to careful work in the vineyard and aging in both barriques and concrete. A unique Chardonnay from the Tuscan coast, produced in very limited quantities.
"Vibrant and pure, this is how our Chardonnay can be described in the 2016 vintage. With its precise texture that is declined in fine and subtle aromas of pear, citrus, orange blossom, granite, this wine shows a precise structure supported by an infinite freshness. The brightness of the precious stone without any impurities.."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 94/100
- Wineterminator: 96/100
- James Suckling: 93/100
- Color: Shiny pale grey gold with touches of mercury.
- On the nose: Beautiful explosion of pear, apricot, lemon blossom, toasted brioche, granite rock and star anise.
- On the plate: Fresh and vibrant entrance evolving on a lemon, grapefruit mid-palate lingering on white flowers and peaches
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees 100% gravity
- Aging: 50% spent 14 months in French oak barrels with 40% new oak, the remaining 50% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels