This type of vine poses a challenge in Tuscany – although the sea breeze, cool nights, and soil structure make it possible to produce this single varietal white wine in a select few locations. Its crispness and elegant texture are similar to the great examples of Burgundy; it owes its complex aroma to careful work in the vineyard and aging in both barriques and concrete. A unique Chardonnay from the Tuscan coast, produced in very limited quantities.
"A wine with a sublime ability to reflect the sunlight of Maremma. Fresh and crunchy notes intersect in a pure light of honey, lemon shortcrust, perfect blonde grapes, mountain aromas. Evocative, telling us the ability of our winemaker who simultaneously keep Chardonnay an elegant and sunny wine."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- James Suckling: 94/100
- Color: Light grey gold with touches of lime green on the rim.
- On the nose: Beautiful explosion of white peach, pear, lemon tart, mountain herbs with touches of cedar and acacia honey.
- On the plate: Fresh and lively entrance evolving on fresh acidity with touches of fresh mango, grapefruit lingering on slate and mirabelle plum.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees 100% gravity
- Aging: 50% spent 14 months in French oak barrels with 30% new oak, the remaining 50% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels