This type of vine poses a challenge in Tuscany – although the sea breeze, cool nights, and soil structure make it possible to produce this single varietal white wine in a select few locations. Its crispness and elegant texture are similar to the great examples of Burgundy; it owes its complex aroma to careful work in the vineyard and aging in both barriques and concrete. A unique Chardonnay from the Tuscan coast, produced in very limited quantities.
"A mineral and vibrant Chardonnay from a cool year that releases notes of citron, mango and peach. "
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Falstaff: 91/100
- James Suckling: 92/100
- Color: Beautiful grey gold with touches of mercury and green.
- On the nose: Explosion of cedar, tropical fruit, baked apple, slate, fresh mango, white chocolate, quince lingering on honey and peaches with touches of brioche.
- On the plate: Nice round entrance evolving on fresh acidity with touches of yoghurt, peaches, pear lingering on grapefruit and white flowers with touches of marzipan and lemon pie.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees 100% gravity
- Aging: 50% spent 14 months in French oak barrels with 40% new oak, the remaining 50% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels