Even though the defining stylistic feature of this wine comes from Burgundy, it is 100% Tuscan. The influence of the sea breeze and cool nights make it possible to produce this white wine in selected parcels, which ties in with the great role models with its elegant, silky texture, and its freshness and finesse. It owes its golden yellow colour, complexity and notes of caramel and toasted bread to ageing in barriques and concrete eggs, and its aromas of lemon, pear, quince and pineapple, of almonds and ripe apple to the ideal climatic conditions. As great lovers of Chardonnay, the production of this white wine in small quantities (approx. 5,000 bottles per vintage) is something close to our hearts.
"Our Chardonnay 2015 is proving to be a great classic, the result of a great harvest of small grapes packed with flavour. The best years of this 2015 wine are yet to come, so leave a few boxes in the cellar for the future. "
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- James Suckling: 92/100
- Color: Bright grey gold with hints of lime green on the rim
- On the nose: Delicate nose of toasted brioche with white peach, cedar, fresh mango, slate lingering on pear, grapefruit with touches of honey.
- On the plate: Fresh but round entrance evolving on peach, straw, pomegranate lingering on quince and lemon pie.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees 100% gravity
- Aging: 50% spent 14 months in French oak barrels with 40% new oak, the remaining 50% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels