This type of vine poses a challenge in Tuscany – although the sea breeze, cool nights, and soil structure make it possible to produce this single varietal white wine in a select few locations. Its crispness and elegant texture are similar to the great examples of Burgundy; it owes its complex aroma to careful work in the vineyard and aging in both barriques and concrete. A unique Chardonnay from the Tuscan coast, produced in very limited quantities.
"In 2008 Georg Weber took up the gauntlet of producing a Chardonnay right by the sea. The result? A personality-led Chardonnay, rich, dense and constantly revealing new undertones after ageing in the bottle."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100 % Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana bianco
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Vini d'Italia -Gambero rosso: 2 Bicchieri
- FINE das Weinmagazin: 93/100
- Wineterminator: 92/100
- Falstaff: 90/100
- James Suckling: 90/100
- Guida Oro di Veronelli: 92/100
- Color: Yellow brilliant gold with hints of straw and grey gold.
- On the nose: Fresh fig, lemon tart, pear, toasted bread, pineapple and almonds with touches of straw and white peach.
- On the plate: Fresh attack of Granny Smith apple evolving on vanilla yogurt and banana bread with a touch of fresh orange peel.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentation, both Alcoholic and Malolactic Aging on fine lees with batonnage 100 % gravity
- Aging: 18 months in French oak barrels with 30 % of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel