This type of vine poses a challenge in Tuscany – although the sea breeze, cool nights, and soil structure make it possible to produce this single varietal white wine in a select few locations. Its crispness and elegant texture are similar to the great examples of Burgundy; it owes its complex aroma to careful work in the vineyard and aging in both barriques and concrete. A unique Chardonnay from the Tuscan coast, produced in very limited quantities.
"Coherent and authentic, our Chardonnay 2011 is a winner due to the purity of its primary aromas, a kaleidoscope of undertones from fruit to crème brûlée."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana bianco
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Guida Oro Veronelli: 93/100
- Mundus Vini: Gold medal
- Tasted: 91/100
- WineInspector: 92/100
- Wineterminator: 93/100
- James Suckling: 95/100
- Color: Deep yellow gold with hints of straw.
- On the nose: Beautiful baked brioche evolving on apricot, honeysuckle, crème brulée, rose and canned pear.
- On the plate: Soft entrance quickly evolving into a beautiful Greek honey yogurt with touches of wood, hazelnuts, honey and apricot lingering on caramel and prune liqueur.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees with batonnage 100% gravity
- Aging: 14 months in French oak barrels with 25% of new oak and in concrete egg-shaped fermentation tank
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel