Sensuality and Mediterranean aromas are what define this elegant cuvée of Syrah and Grenache that combines complexity and crispness. The grapes grow around a hundred yearold cork oak on one of our best slopes, bordering a stretch of typical Mediterranean maquis, which gives the wine its characteristic aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme. Syrah gives this wine its spicy character and full-bodied structure, Grenache its crispness, elegance and engaging fruity note.
"An explosion of Mediterranean scrub and rose petals, this Tinata 2015 is a wine with a very beautiful structure, intense and lively. It would be ideal to forget it for a few more years in the cellar: the aging will do nothing but enhance its innate elegance"
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70 % Syrah, 30 % Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Toscana
- Falstaff: 94/100
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 94/100
- James Suckling: 95/100
- Color: Dark ruby with hints of purple and geranium on the rim.
- On the nose: Explosion of cherry, lavender and rosemary with touches of white pepper, lilac and hits blueberries.
- On the plate: Soft and fresh entrance evolving on velvety mouthfeel lingering on a backbone of acidity and raspberries, tomatoes lingering on cherries and tobacco.
- Winemaking: Extreme block selection Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 70% spent 16 months in French oak barrels with 40% new oak, the remaining 30% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Handpicked, and harvest upon ripeness within sections.