Sensuality and Mediterranean aromas are what define this elegant cuvée of Syrah and Grenache that combines complexity and crispness. The grapes grow around a hundred yearold cork oak on one of our best slopes, bordering a stretch of typical Mediterranean maquis, which gives the wine its characteristic aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme. Syrah gives this wine its spicy character and full-bodied structure, Grenache its crispness, elegance and engaging fruity note.
"Revel in a new kind of sensuality: this Tinata 2008 is the best example of a wine that has found its niche in the Monteverro portfolio of wines thanks to its seductive and elegant character. The perfect accompaniment to wild boar chasseur, preferably by the walls of Capalbio. If you aren't close by, a good alternative is an intimate setting redolent with history."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70 % Syrah, 30 % Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Weinwisser/René Gabriel: 19/20
- Vini d'Italia - Gambero rosso: 2 Bicchieri
- FINE Das Weinmagazine: 94/100
- Wineterminator: 93/100
- Falstaff: 93/100
- Guida Oro di Veronelli: 96/100
- The Wine Advocate: 90/100
- Wine Enthusiast: 94/100
- Color: Deep dark cherry with hints of purple on the rim.
- On the nose: Explosion of freshly cut lavender, blueberries, game, black currant, tulips, black cherry, chocolate and cedar wood.
- On the plate: Intense entrance with a velvety mouth feel, blueberries, blackberries and dark coco powder balanced with red cherry, lingering on rose petals.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentation 100 % gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 50 % of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel