Sensuality and Mediterranean aromas are what define this elegant cuvée of Syrah and Grenache that combines complexity and crispness. The grapes grow around a hundred yearold cork oak on one of our best slopes, bordering a stretch of typical Mediterranean maquis, which gives the wine its characteristic aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme. Syrah gives this wine its spicy character and full-bodied structure, Grenache its crispness, elegance and engaging fruity note.
"2012: an incredible kaleidoscope of aromas for this year's Tinata, which fluctuates between floral, fruity and aromatic. A jewel-in-the-crown in waiting, with a great future ahead of it."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70% Syrah, 30% Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Mundus Vini: Silver medal
- Falstaff: 94/100
- James Suckling: 92/100
- The Wine Advocate: 91/100
- Weinwisser/René Gabriel: 18/20
- Color: Deep dark ruby with touches of garnet on the rim.
- On the nose: Beautiful nose of spices like rosemary, c amphor with touches of cedar, milk chocolate, c herries, lilac, geranium and rose.
- On the plate: Soft entrance evolving on velvety mouthfeel lingering on a backbone of acidity and cherries, raspberries and blueberries.
- Winemaking: Extreme block selection Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel, natural fermentations 100% gravity, punch downs by hand
- Aging: 70% spent 16 months in French oak barrels with 40% new oak, t he remaining 30% aged in c oncrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Handpicked, and harvest upon ripeness within sections.