Sensuality and Mediterranean aromas are what define this elegant cuvée of Syrah and Grenache that combines complexity and crispness. The grapes grow around a hundred yearold cork oak on one of our best slopes, bordering a stretch of typical Mediterranean maquis, which gives the wine its characteristic aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme. Syrah gives this wine its spicy character and full-bodied structure, Grenache its crispness, elegance and engaging fruity note.
"2011's Tinata is beautifully straightforward, with crisp hints of pomegranate, red berries and a notable mineral component: it has all the characteristics it needs to become a great classic, you just have to be patient enough to leave it be for a while in the cellar."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70% Syrah, 30% Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Wine & Spirits: 93/100
- Guida Oro Veronelli: 94/100
- Wine Spectator: 91/100
- Mundus Vini: Gold medal
- WineInspector: 95/100
- James Suckling: 95/100
- Tasted: 94/100
- Color: Deep dark ruby with touches of geranium and royal velvet on the rim.
- On the nose: Strong fruit and spice combination with fresh plums, cherry, nutmeg, crushed rocks, cedar and clay lingering on grenadine, cassis liqueur and underbrush.
- On the plate: Velvety entrance evolving on freshly picked elderberries, cassis and cranberries with touches of ashes and beef roast.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 16 months in French oak barrels with 40% of new oak and in concrete egg-‐shaped fermentation tank
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel