Sensuality and Mediterranean aromas are what define this elegant cuvée of Syrah and Grenache that combines complexity and crispness. The grapes grow around a hundred yearold cork oak on one of our best slopes, bordering a stretch of typical Mediterranean maquis, which gives the wine its characteristic aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme. Syrah gives this wine its spicy character and full-bodied structure, Grenache its crispness, elegance and engaging fruity note.
"A cool year for this sensual Tinata that emanates pink and lavender, and greener tones--caper and tomato leaf. A grand aromatic elegance that will be interesting to observe over the long term. "
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70% Syrah, 30% Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Falstaff: 93/100
- James Suckling: 94/100
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 92/100
- Color: Black cherries with hints of cranberries and geranium on the rim.
- On the nose: Explosion of rose petals, lavender, thyme with touches of pepper and camp fire with hits blackberries, capers and tomato stems.
- On the plate: Nice fresh entrance evolving on fresh cut red fruit like raspberries, red cherries lingering on starfruit and maple syrup.
- Winemaking: Extreme block selection Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 70% spent 16 months in French oak barrels with 40% new oak, the remaining 30% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Handpicked, and harvest upon ripeness within sections.