Sensuality and Mediterranean aromas are what define this elegant cuvée of Syrah and Grenache that combines complexity and crispness. The grapes grow around a hundred yearold cork oak on one of our best slopes, bordering a stretch of typical Mediterranean maquis, which gives the wine its characteristic aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme. Syrah gives this wine its spicy character and full-bodied structure, Grenache its crispness, elegance and engaging fruity note.
Like a Nocturne by Chopin, Tinata 2017 with its dreamy and romantic nature, leads us into a surprising melody scanned by notes of undergrowth fruit and Mediterranean nuances.
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70 % Syrah, 30 % Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- James Suckling: 95/100
- Color: Deep dark ruby with touches of purple on the rim.
- On the nose: Explosion of raspberries and cherry with “Macchia” notes like thyme and lavender with touches of white pepper, lilac and paprika.
- On the plate: Fresh and structured entrance evolving on a velvety mouthfeel lingering on fresh cut fruit like raspberries, boysenberries with touches of sundried tomatoes and tobacco.
- Winemaking: Extreme block selection Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 70% spent 16 months in French oak barrels with 40% new oak, the remaining 30% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Handpicked, and harvest upon ripeness within sections.