Sensuality and Mediterranean aromas are what define this elegant cuvée of Syrah and Grenache that combines complexity and crispness. The grapes grow around a hundred yearold cork oak on one of our best slopes, bordering a stretch of typical Mediterranean maquis, which gives the wine its characteristic aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme. Syrah gives this wine its spicy character and full-bodied structure, Grenache its crispness, elegance and engaging fruity note.
"2010 yielded a sunny, vibrant and Mediterranean Tinata. The fragrances of the Mediterranean maquis meld with a varietal spiciness to yield a wine that is both powerful and sophisticated. "
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70% Syrah, 30% Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- The Tasting: 93/100
- vinography.com: 9/10
- Concours Mondial de Bruxelles: Goldmedaille
- Wine Spectator: 90/100
- A la Carte: 93/100
- James Suckling: 93/100
- FINE Das Weinmagazin: 94/100
- Wine Advocate by R. Parker: 94/100
- Color: Deep dark black cherry with hints of purple on the rim.
- On the nose: Beautiful explosion of spices like ginger, cinnamon, dry coriander, vanilla bean, balanced with fruit like grenadine and cherry with touches of flowers like geranium, lavender and rose.
- On the plate: Fresh entrance evolving on some nice rose candy and graphite with touches of raspberry, cherry, fresh plum and cranberry lingering on touches of cassis.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 16 months in French oak barrels with 40% of new oak and in concrete egg-shaped fermentation tank
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7.575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel