The house flagship wine is the finest expression of the Capalbio terroir; this cuvée of Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot combines the best locations of our winery. Uncompromising quality control begins in the vineyard with patient care of the vines, rigorous selection during the harvest, and meticulous attention to the terroir during cuveéing. Careful work in the cellar enhances Nature’s gifts. Production quantities are naturally limited; Monteverro’s velvety texture, distinctive complexity, and striking, multi-faceted bouquet are the result of each individual phase of the production process.
"Subtle, elegant, almost as mysterious as a painting by De Chirico. The ace up Monteverro 2009's sleeve is its discreet, timeless luxury, unhurriedly revealing a thousand facets."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 45% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc, 10% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Tastingbook: 94/100
- TASTED: 90/100
- Wine Spectator: 92/100
- eleonorascholes.ru: 93/100
- Falstaff: 94/100
- A la Carte: 95/100
- FINE Das Weinmagazin: 96/100
- Guida Oro Veronelli: 96/100
- James Suckling: 95/100
- Wine Enthusiast: 95/100
- Color: Deep, dark and intense black with bright red and purple on the rim.
- On the nose: Concentrated aromas with spices like white pepper, sap, chocolate and cedar wood with hints of cherry, jasmine, tea leaves, black currant and cigar box.
- On the plate: Powerful, yet subtle entrance on a layered structure with a great backbone of acidity, lingering on cherry, cassis and dark chocolate with dense but ripe tannins, coated with blackberry jam.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentations 100 % gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 24 months in French oak barrels with 70 % of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel