The house flagship wine is the finest expression of the Capalbio terroir; this cuvée of Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot combines the best locations of our winery. Uncompromising quality control begins in the vineyard with patient care of the vines, rigorous selection during the harvest, and meticulous attention to the terroir during cuveéing. Careful work in the cellar enhances Nature’s gifts. Production quantities are naturally limited; Monteverro’s velvety texture, distinctive complexity, and striking, multi-faceted bouquet are the result of each individual phase of the production process.
"A drum-rolling debut for Monteverro: 2008 was an explosive year, full of wild forest berry and notes of spice, a splendid start for our quintessential wine that today is proving to be a resounding success."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Cabernet Franc, 10% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Vini d'Italia - Gambero rosso: 2 Bicchieri rossi
- FINE Das Weinmagazin: 95/100
- Meiningers Weinwelt: 94/100
- Guida Oro di Veronelli: 95/100
- Weinwirtschaft: 94/100
- James Suckling: 91/100
- The Wine Advocate: 93/100
- Wineterminator: 95/100
- Falstaff: 96/100
- Wine Enthusiast: 95/100
- Color: Intense dark black with ruby on the rim.
- On the nose: Intense complex dark fruit like blackberries and black currant with touches of rosemary, dark cherry liquor, black liquorice and cigar box.
- On the plate: Structured and complex mouth feel with integrated tannins, velvety blueberries and black berry jam, lingering on freshly picked black currant and fresh plum.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentation 100 % gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 24 months in French oak barrels with 70 % of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel