The house flagship wine is the finest expression of the Capalbio terroir; this cuvée of Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot combines the best locations of our winery. Uncompromising quality control begins in the vineyard with patient care of the vines, rigorous selection during the harvest, and meticulous attention to the terroir during cuveéing. Careful work in the cellar enhances Nature’s gifts. Production quantities are naturally limited; Monteverro’s velvety texture, distinctive complexity, and striking, multi-faceted bouquet are the result of each individual phase of the production process.
"From a cool year, Monteverro 2014 leaves the expressiveness of its fruit to one side to reveal itself in all the elegant glory of its surroundings: Mediterranean maquis and rough seas. Its palate is pure silk, and its tannic structure both present and pleasant."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Cabernet Franc, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Merlot, 10% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Weinwisser: 18/20
- Falstaff: 95/100
- James Suckling: 96/100
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 93/100
- Color: Dark ruby with touches of royal red on the rim.
- On the nose: Nice elegant nose with touches of cedar, marzipan, dark fruit like blackcurrant, black cherries, touches of underbrush and laurel with chocolate milk and sundried tomatoes.
- On the plate: Soft velvet entrance evolving on a beautiful fruit like dark cherries, macerated strawberries with touches of tobacco box evolving on raspberries and plum.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 24 months in French oak barrels with 80% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel