The house flagship wine is the finest expression of the Capalbio terroir; this cuvée of Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot combines the best locations of our winery. Uncompromising quality control begins in the vineyard with patient care of the vines, rigorous selection during the harvest, and meticulous attention to the terroir during cuveéing. Careful work in the cellar enhances Nature’s gifts. Production quantities are naturally limited; Monteverro’s velvety texture, distinctive complexity, and striking, multi-faceted bouquet are the result of each individual phase of the production process.
"Small and concentrated berries gave dense aromas in 2015 vintage. It gave life to a wine that is pure ruby velvet, with waves of berries and spices alternating with notes of chocolate and tobacco. A complex and intriguing Monteverro that reveal a perfect vintage"
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc, 15 % Merlot, 10 % Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Falstaff: 97/100
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 96/100
- Weinwisser: 19/20
- James Suckling: 97/100
- Color: Deep dark ink with touches of red velvet on the rim.
- On the nose: Complex and integrated nose of fruits like blackcurrant, red cherry and blueberries with touches of black pepper, cedar that evolves on black olive and underbrush.
- On the plate: Balance entrance with a silky mouthfeel lifted by a great acidity lingering on dark fruit like cassis evolving on a dense structure with chocolate, tobacco box and black cherry.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 24 months in French oak barrels with 80% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel