The house flagship wine is the finest expression of the Capalbio terroir; this cuvée of Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot combines the best locations of our winery. Uncompromising quality control begins in the vineyard with patient care of the vines, rigorous selection during the harvest, and meticulous attention to the terroir during cuveéing. Careful work in the cellar enhances Nature’s gifts. Production quantities are naturally limited; Monteverro’s velvety texture, distinctive complexity, and striking, multi-faceted bouquet are the result of each individual phase of the production process.
"A purebred Tuscan: Monteverro 2012’s fruit reflects the caresses of the Maremma's sun. Voluptuous and deep, it displays all the energy of a summer storm, with the electricity hanging in the air. "
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc, 25% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Vinous: 93/100
- Bibenda 2016 - Vini e Ristoranti d'Italia: 5 Grappoli
- Mundus Vini: Gold medal
- Falstaff: 95/100
- James Suckling: 94/100
- The wine party: Ratings
- Wine Spectator: 92/100
- The Wine Advocate: 94/100
- Color: Deep dark ink with cranberries and pink on the rim.
- On the nose: Beautiful dense nose with touches of cassis, blackberries, cedar, cinnamon, soap, olive, black truffle, cacao powder and sawdust.
- On the plate: Dense entrance evolving on a framed and concentrated palate with dark fruit lifted by a great acidity of boysenberries and cherry pits.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately, fermentation in stainless steel and barrel, natural fermentations, 100% gravity, punch downs by hand
- Aging: 24 months in French oak barrels with 80% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel