The house flagship wine is the finest expression of the Capalbio terroir; this cuvée of Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot combines the best locations of our winery. Uncompromising quality control begins in the vineyard with patient care of the vines, rigorous selection during the harvest, and meticulous attention to the terroir during cuveéing. Careful work in the cellar enhances Nature’s gifts. Production quantities are naturally limited; Monteverro’s velvety texture, distinctive complexity, and striking, multi-faceted bouquet are the result of each individual phase of the production process.
Remarkable intensity and complexity, combined with freshness and class: make it a very balanced and elegantly structured wine, reconfirming it as our flagship.
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Cabernet Franc, 15% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Weinwisser: 19+/20
- Guida Bibenda: 5 Grappoli
- Falstaff: 96/100
- Gambero Rosso: 3 Bicchieri
- Guida Oro Veronelli: 97/100
- James Suckling: 97/100
- Color: Dark ruby with touches of royal red on the rim.
- On the nose: Deep and elegant nose of dark fruits like cassis and black cherries with hints of licorice and olive evolving on toasted bread, laurel and gingerbread.
- On the plate: Fresh, dense and silky entrance evolving on a rich and layered mid palate with touches of blueberries and red cherry lingering on mint, coffee bean and spices.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations; 100% gravity; Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 24 months in French oak barrels with 80% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel