Paying homage to the great varieties of vine from the Rhône, Syrah and Grenache and proof that excellent qualities are also produced in southern Tuscany. Expressive, aromatic and yet distinctly elegant, smooth, these are the attributes of our second top-class cuvée. The grapes grow on one of our best slopes, all around a centuries-old cork oak close to the macchia shrubland whose typical aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme are reflected in the wine. The cuvée from both kinds of Grenache - for freshness and elegance - and Syrah - for fruit, strength and body - makes this complex, deep-flavoured wine an exception in Tuscany.
"2011's Tinata is beautifully straightforward, with crisp hints of pomegranate, red berries and a notable mineral component: it has all the characteristics it needs to become a great classic, you just have to be patient enough to leave it be for a while in the cellar. We recommend serving it with a rosemary-infused leg of lamb."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70% Syrah, 30% Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep dark ruby with touches of geranium and royal velvet on the rim.
- On the nose: Strong fruit and spice combination with fresh plums, cherry, nutmeg, crushed rocks, cedar and clay lingering on grenadine, cassis liqueur and underbrush.
- On the plate: Velvety entrance evolving on freshly picked elderberries, cassis and cranberries with touches of ashes and beef roast.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 16 months in French oak barrels with 40% of new oak and in concrete egg-‐shaped fermentation tank
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel