Even though the defining stylistic feature of this wine comes from Burgundy, it is 100% Tuscan. The influence of the sea breeze and cool nights make it possible to produce this white wine in selected parcels, which ties in with the great role models with its elegant, silky texture, and its freshness and finesse. It owes its golden yellow colour, complexity and notes of caramel and toasted bread to ageing in barriques and concrete eggs, and its aromas of lemon, pear, quince and pineapple, of almonds and ripe apple to the ideal climatic conditions. As great lovers of Chardonnay, the production of this white wine in small quantities (approx. 5,000 bottles per vintage) is something close to our hearts.
"A mineral and vibrant Chardonnay from a cool year that releases notes of citron, mango and peach. It is the ideal accompaniment to all shellfish-based hors d’oeuvres. "
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Beautiful grey gold with touches of mercury and green.
- On the nose: Explosion of cedar, tropical fruit, baked apple, slate, fresh mango, white chocolate, quince lingering on honey and peaches with touches of brioche.
- On the plate: Nice round entrance evolving on fresh acidity with touches of yoghurt, peaches, pear lingering on grapefruit and white flowers with touches of marzipan and lemon pie.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees 100% gravity
- Aging: 50% spent 14 months in French oak barrels with 40% new oak, the remaining 50% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels