This type of vine poses a challenge in Tuscany – although the sea breeze, cool nights, and soil structure make it possible to produce this single varietal white wine in a select few locations. Its crispness and elegant texture are similar to the great examples of Burgundy; it owes its complex aroma to careful work in the vineyard and aging in both barriques and concrete. A unique Chardonnay from the Tuscan coast, produced in very limited quantities.
"The very mirror of its growing year, encapsulating purity and intensity, freshness and flavour. A long-lingering wine that lends itself to a grand occasions. Please note: this is a very limited-production wine! "
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Weinwisser/René Gabriel : 18/20
- Tastingbook.com: 95/100
- James Suckling: 95/100
- Color: Bright yellow gold with hints of silver on the rim.
- On the nose: Explosion of toasted brioche with caramel, mocca, banana, pineapple lingering on vanilla and grapefruit.
- On the plate: Round but fresh entrance evolving on citrus, blood orange, straw, granite lingering on quince and lime.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately, whole cluster pressing, natural fermentations, aging on fine lees, 100 % gravity
- Aging: 50 % spent 14 months in French oak barrels with 40 % new oak, the remaining 50 % aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels