Even though the defining stylistic feature of this wine comes from Burgundy, it is 100% Tuscan. The influence of the sea breeze and cool nights make it possible to produce this white wine in selected parcels, which ties in with the great role models with its elegant, silky texture, and its freshness and finesse. It owes its golden yellow colour, complexity and notes of caramel and toasted bread to ageing in barriques and concrete eggs, and its aromas of lemon, pear, quince and pineapple, of almonds and ripe apple to the ideal climatic conditions. As great lovers of Chardonnay, the production of this white wine in small quantities (approx. 5,000 bottles per vintage) is something close to our hearts.
"The very mirror of its growing year, encapsulating purity and intensity, freshness and flavour. A long-lingering wine that lends itself to a grand occasions. Please note: this is a very limited-production wine! Recommended pairing: lasagne with scampi"
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Chardonnay
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Bright yellow gold with hints of silver on the rim.
- On the nose: Explosion of toasted brioche with caramel, mocca, banana, pineapple lingering on vanilla and grapefruit.
- On the plate: Round but fresh entrance evolving on citrus, blood orange, straw, granite lingering on quince and lime.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately, whole cluster pressing, natural fermentations, aging on fine lees, 100 % gravity
- Aging: 50 % spent 14 months in French oak barrels with 40 % new oak, the remaining 50 % aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Handpicked and harvest date adapted to each section of the Chardonnay parcels
- Weinwisser/René Gabriel : 18 von 20 Punkten
- Tastingbook.com: 95 von 100 Punkten
- James Suckling: 95 von 100 Punkten