This type of vine poses a challenge in Tuscany – although the sea breeze, cool nights, and soil structure make it possible to produce this single varietal white wine in a select few locations. Its crispness and elegant texture are similar to the great examples of Burgundy; it owes its complex aroma to careful work in the vineyard and aging in both barriques and concrete. A unique Chardonnay from the Tuscan coast, produced in very limited quantities.
"Complex: this is the adjective that bests sums up our Chardonnay 2010, a vintage that combines power and depth and that still has many years ahead of it."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana bianco
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- James Suckling: 91/100
- Wineterminator: 95/100
- FINE Das Weinmagazin: 94/100
- Wine Advocate by R. Parker: 93/100
- Color: Brilliant shiny gold with hints of grey gold.
- On the nose: Explosion of quince, honey, wax, granite, blood orange, vanilla, pear, apricot, white chocolate, white truffle and straw.
- On the plate: Entrance on roasted cashew and almonds evolving on white peach, pear, honey, lingering on orange peel and marzipan with hints of citrus.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees with batonnage 100% gravity
- Aging: 14 months in French oak barrels with 30% of new oak and in concrete egg-shaped fermentation tank
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7.575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel