Even though the defining stylistic feature of this wine comes from Burgundy, it is 100% Tuscan. The influence of the sea breeze and cool nights make it possible to produce this white wine in selected parcels, which ties in with the great role models with its elegant, silky texture, and its freshness and finesse. It owes its golden yellow colour, complexity and notes of caramel and toasted bread to ageing in barriques and concrete eggs, and its aromas of lemon, pear, quince and pineapple, of almonds and ripe apple to the ideal climatic conditions. As great lovers of Chardonnay, the production of this white wine in small quantities (approx. 5,000 bottles per vintage) is something close to our hearts.
"Complex: this is the adjective that bests sums up our Chardonnay 2010, a vintage that combines power and depth and that still has many years ahead of it. A wine that partners beautifully with some soup and garlic mayonnaise croutons"
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana bianco
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Brilliant shiny gold with hints of grey gold.
- On the nose: Explosion of quince, honey, wax, granite, blood orange, vanilla, pear, apricot, white chocolate, white truffle and straw.
- On the plate: Entrance on roasted cashew and almonds evolving on white peach, pear, honey, lingering on orange peel and marzipan with hints of citrus.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on fine lees with batonnage 100% gravity
- Aging: 14 months in French oak barrels with 30% of new oak and in concrete egg-shaped fermentation tank
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7.575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel
- James Suckling: 91 von 100 Punkten
- Wineterminator: 95 von 100 Punkten
- FINE Das Weinmagazin: 94 von 100 Punkten
- Wine Advocate by R. Parker: 93 von 100 Punkten