This type of vine poses a challenge in Tuscany – although the sea breeze, cool nights, and soil structure make it possible to produce this single varietal white wine in a select few locations. Its crispness and elegant texture are similar to the great examples of Burgundy; it owes its complex aroma to careful work in the vineyard and aging in both barriques and concrete. A unique Chardonnay from the Tuscan coast, produced in very limited quantities.
"A cool year that gave rise to a particularly delicate yet deep Chardonnay. The fruit aromas enhance its near-endless vein of earthy minerality."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana bianco
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- TASTED: 91/100
- Falstaff: 92/100
- eleonorascholes.ru: 92/100
- FINE Das Weinmagazin: 94/100
- Guida oro Veronelli: 93/100
- Wineterminator.com: 96/100
- James Suckling: 91/100
- Wine Enthusiast: 92/100
- Color: Brilliant, shiny yellow gold with hints of white gold on the rim.
- On the nose: Explosion of pear, quince, vanilla, butter and granite, balanced with touches of white trufﬂes, exotic fruits and Cajun nuts.
- On the plate: Fresh entrance evolving quickly on minerality, quinine, grapefruit and blood orange, lingering on vanilla ice cream and crème brûlée.
- Winemaking: Every lot viniﬁed separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on ﬁne lees with batonnage 100 % gravity
- Aging: 14 months in French oak barrels with 30 % of new oak
- Bottling: No ﬁning, light ﬁltration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel