Even though the defining stylistic feature of this wine comes from Burgundy, it is 100% Tuscan. The influence of the sea breeze and cool nights make it possible to produce this white wine in selected parcels, which ties in with the great role models with its elegant, silky texture, and its freshness and finesse. It owes its golden yellow colour, complexity and notes of caramel and toasted bread to ageing in barriques and concrete eggs, and its aromas of lemon, pear, quince and pineapple, of almonds and ripe apple to the ideal climatic conditions. As great lovers of Chardonnay, the production of this white wine in small quantities (approx. 5,000 bottles per vintage) is something close to our hearts.
"A cool year that gave rise to a particularly delicate yet deep Chardonnay. The fruit aromas enhance its near-endless vein of earthy minerality. A wine to be savoured on its own by the sea or with fresh tuna tartare."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana bianco
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Brilliant, shiny yellow gold with hints of white gold on the rim.
- On the nose: Explosion of pear, quince, vanilla, butter and granite, balanced with touches of white trufﬂes, exotic fruits and Cajun nuts.
- On the plate: Fresh entrance evolving quickly on minerality, quinine, grapefruit and blood orange, lingering on vanilla ice cream and crème brûlée.
- Winemaking: Every lot viniﬁed separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentations Aging on ﬁne lees with batonnage 100 % gravity
- Aging: 14 months in French oak barrels with 30 % of new oak
- Bottling: No ﬁning, light ﬁltration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel