Even though the defining stylistic feature of this wine comes from Burgundy, it is 100% Tuscan. The influence of the sea breeze and cool nights make it possible to produce this white wine in selected parcels, which ties in with the great role models with its elegant, silky texture, and its freshness and finesse. It owes its golden yellow colour, complexity and notes of caramel and toasted bread to ageing in barriques and concrete eggs, and its aromas of lemon, pear, quince and pineapple, of almonds and ripe apple to the ideal climatic conditions. As great lovers of Chardonnay, the production of this white wine in small quantities (approx. 5,000 bottles per vintage) is something close to our hearts.
"In 2008 Georg Weber took up the gauntlet of producing a Chardonnay right by the sea. The result? A personality-led Chardonnay, rich, dense and constantly revealing new undertones after ageing in the bottle. We recommend it with a good rabbit chasseur, Vicenza-style baccalà, or on its own, with Duke Ellington playing in the background"
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100 % Chardonnay
- Denomination: IGT Toscana bianco
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Yellow brilliant gold with hints of straw and grey gold.
- On the nose: Fresh fig, lemon tart, pear, toasted bread, pineapple and almonds with touches of straw and white peach.
- On the plate: Fresh attack of Granny Smith apple evolving on vanilla yogurt and banana bread with a touch of fresh orange peel.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Whole cluster pressing Natural fermentation, both Alcoholic and Malolactic Aging on fine lees with batonnage 100 % gravity
- Aging: 18 months in French oak barrels with 30 % of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented east/west
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel