TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
A classic cuvée of internationally renowned grape varieties, kissed by the Tuscan sun. The term “second wine” would not do justice to Terra di Monteverro, although it shares its composition with Monteverro, its more famous big brother: it’s associated with Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot, which age 18 months in French oak casks. A distinctly harmonious wine that combines structure and intensity, a reflection of the fascinating terroir and the character of the region.
This wine is a floral and fruity explosion with a strong and persistent character. Aromatic touches of laurel, sandalwood and cigar give this wine a lively and interesting drink.
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 35 % Cabernet Franc, 20 % Merlot, 5 % Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- James Suckling: 94/100
- Color: Deep dark cherry with touches of magenta.
- On the nose: Expressive aromatic perfumes of tomato stem, violet, raspberry balanced with cassis and aftereight chocolate.
- On the plate: Silky and fresh entrance evolving into a beautiful tannic frame lingering on fruits like cherries and boysenberries with touches of bay leaves and cigar box.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel