TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
A classic cuvée of internationally renowned grape varieties, kissed by the Tuscan sun. The term “second wine” would not do justice to Terra di Monteverro, although it shares its composition with Monteverro, its more famous big brother: it’s associated with Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot, which age 18 months in French oak casks. A distinctly harmonious wine that combines structure and intensity, a reflection of the fascinating terroir and the character of the region.
"Coherent, deep, with floral tones, delicate: this is Terra 2009's calling card, a wine of great, almost austere, elegance. It's an intellectual wine to be enjoyed meditatively on one's own."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Cabernet Franc, 15% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Wine Spectator: 91/100
- eleonorascholes.ru: 91/100
- Falstaff: 92/100
- FINE Das Weinmagazin: 93/100
- Wine Enthusiast: 92/100
- Decanter: 93/100
- Color: Deep, black cherry with a touch of a bright, shiny red.
- On the nose: Fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary with hints of mint, blueberries, pickled cherry, prune, tobacco leaves and cured meat.
- On the plate: Soft, yet vibrant entrance evolving on a framed mouthfeel with blackberries and blueberries, lingering on chocolate covered cherries.
- Winemaking: Every lot viniﬁed separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentations 100 % gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60 % of new oak
- Bottling: No ﬁning, no ﬁltration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel