TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
A classic cuvée of internationally renowned grape varieties, kissed by the Tuscan sun. The term “second wine” would not do justice to Terra di Monteverro, although it shares its composition with Monteverro, its more famous big brother: it’s associated with Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot, which age 18 months in French oak casks. A distinctly harmonious wine that combines structure and intensity, a reflection of the fascinating terroir and the character of the region.
"Wow! Terra di Monteverro 2016 has an intense and seductive personality. A vibrant mouth performs on Mediterranean textures rich in freshness. Its wide and energetic perfumes unconditionally envelop the senses of those who drink it. It amazes, enchants. An incisive expression of Maremma."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 40 % Cabernet Franc, 15 % Merlot, 5 % Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 93/100
- Wineterminator: 94/100
- James Suckling: 93/100
- Falstaff: 92/100
- Color: Dark shiny garnet with touches of royal red and magenta.
- On the nose: Magnificent nose of macchia, fern, tomato stem, tulips and chanterelle mushrooms balanced with raspberries and violet.
- On the plate: Big silky entrance evolving on fresh flowers and tannins, lingering on cherries, plum, pomegranate, red currant and bay leaf.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentation 100% gravity flow Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Handpicked, and harvest upon ripeness within sections