TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
A classic cuvée of internationally renowned grape varieties, kissed by the Tuscan sun. The term “second wine” would not do justice to Terra di Monteverro, although it shares its composition with Monteverro, its more famous big brother: it’s associated with Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot, which age 18 months in French oak casks. A distinctly harmonious wine that combines structure and intensity, a reflection of the fascinating terroir and the character of the region.
"A sunny Terra di Monteverro that radiates energy and maintains its fresh vitality, even for a particularly hot season."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Cabernet Franc, 15% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Vinous: 90/100
- Falstaff: 91/100
- Mundus Vini: Gold medal
- James Suckling: 92/100
- Wine Spectator: 90/100
- The Wine Advocate: 91/100
- Color: Dark black ruby with touches of mashed strawberries on the rim.
- On the nose: Great balance between spiciness of earl grey, tarragon with touches of dark fruit like black cherries and cassis, chalk, after eight, reglisse and sun dried tomatoes.
- On the plate: Soft entrance evolving on framed tannins with fresh ripe fruit like boysenberries lingering on fresh herbs.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations, 100% gravity, punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel