TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
A classic cuvée of internationally renowned grape varieties, kissed by the Tuscan sun. The term “second wine” would not do justice to Terra di Monteverro, although it shares its composition with Monteverro, its more famous big brother: it’s associated with Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot, which age 18 months in French oak casks. A distinctly harmonious wine that combines structure and intensity, a reflection of the fascinating terroir and the character of the region.
Coming from a cool year, Terra di Monteverro 2014 is an example of how meticulous care in vinification can lead to stellar results even when the weather isn't really on our side."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc, 20% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Falstaff: 93/100
- James Suckling: 92/100
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 90/100
- Color: Deep dark garnet with hints of strawberry red.
- On the nose: Nice candy like aromas with dark fruit like blackberries with touches of tomatoes, cedar, white truffles lingering on flowers like lilac.
- On the plate: Fresh entrance evolving on red currant with touches of boysenberries and fresh tobacco lingering on a beautiful tannic frame.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel