Our flagship. A true Premier Grand Cru of Maremma, made from the classic Bordeaux grape varieties Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot and Petit Verdot and yet with the unmistakable character of the Tuscan coast. An ambitious wine in every respect - the grapes are exclusively from prime locations on our slopes which flow gently to the sea, the wine is aged for about 24 months in barriques from the best coopers (70-80 % new wood) and then for two years in the bottle. This gives it an unparalleled strength and complexity, sophisticated coolness and elegance. Its impressive diversity of bouquets ranging from berries and spicy notes increases year on year.
"A purebred Tuscan: Monteverro 2012’s fruit reflects the caresses of the Maremma's sun. Voluptuous and deep, it displays all the energy of a summer storm, with the electricity hanging in the air. Monteverro 2012 is perfect paired with spring chicken and olives."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc, 25% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep dark ink with cranberries and pink on the rim.
- On the nose: Beautiful dense nose with touches of cassis, blackberries, cedar, cinnamon, soap, olive, black truffle, cacao powder and sawdust.
- On the plate: Dense entrance evolving on a framed and concentrated palate with dark fruit lifted by a great acidity of boysenberries and cherry pits.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately, fermentation in stainless steel and barrel, natural fermentations, 100% gravity, punch downs by hand
- Aging: 24 months in French oak barrels with 80% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel
- Vinous: 93 von 100 Punkten
- Bibenda 2016 - Vini e Ristoranti d'Italia: 5 Grappoli
- Mundus Vini: Gold medal
- Falstaff: 95 von 100 Punkten
- James Suckling: 94 von 100 Punkten
- The wine party: Ratings
- Wine Spectator: 92 von 100 Punkten
- The Wine Advocate: 94 von 100 Punkten