TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
A classic cuvée of internationally renowned grape varieties, kissed by the Tuscan sun. The term “second wine” would not do justice to Terra di Monteverro, although it shares its composition with Monteverro, its more famous big brother: it’s associated with Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Petit Verdot, which age 18 months in French oak casks. A distinctly harmonious wine that combines structure and intensity, a reflection of the fascinating terroir and the character of the region.
The 2018 vintage of this wine is perfect to be appreciated along with someone: freshness, verticality and lasting. These are the key ingredients for a special evening with the Maremmaen scents.
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc, 20% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Guida Oro Veronelli: 92/100
- Falstaff: 92/100
- James Suckling: 94/100
- Color: Dark cherry with touches of ruby on the rim.
- On the nose: Explosion of red fruits like strawberry and raspberry balanced with underbrush touches and subtle notes of bell pepper.
- On the plate: Velvety entrance evolving into a structured tannic frame lingering on fruits like cherries and cassis with touches of eucalyptus, potpourri and sundried tomatoes.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel