TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
We like to refer to our Terra di Monteverro as the little brother of our top Monteverro wine because the Terra is produced from the same vine varieties - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, so is also a classic Bordeaux cuvée. It goes without saying that strict selection in the vineyards, harvesting by hand and the utmost care in the cellar are par for the course here. The difference: some of the grapes come from different parcels, even the composition of the cuvée may vary. A wine with an excellent price-performance ratio which even in the early years was quite open and accessible and entices with the aromas of the shrubland as well as fruity notes of cherries and red berries.
Coming from a cool year, Terra di Monteverro 2014 is an example of how meticulous care in vinification can lead to stellar results even when the weather isn't really on our side. A coolly elegant wine that’s the perfect accompaniment to a mixed grill with friends!
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Cabernet Franc, 20% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep dark garnet with hints of strawberry red.
- On the nose: Nice candy like aromas with dark fruit like blackberries with touches of tomatoes, cedar, white truffles lingering on flowers like lilac.
- On the plate: Fresh entrance evolving on red currant with touches of boysenberries and fresh tobacco lingering on a beautiful tannic frame.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel
- Falstaff: 93/100
- James Suckling: 92/100
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 90/100