TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
We like to refer to our Terra di Monteverro as the little brother of our top Monteverro wine because the Terra is produced from the same vine varieties - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, so is also a classic Bordeaux cuvée. It goes without saying that strict selection in the vineyards, harvesting by hand and the utmost care in the cellar are par for the course here. The difference: some of the grapes come from different parcels, even the composition of the cuvée may vary. A wine with an excellent price-performance ratio which even in the early years was quite open and accessible and entices with the aromas of the shrubland as well as fruity notes of cherries and red berries.
"Coherent, deep, with floral tones, delicate: this is Terra 2009's calling card, a wine of great, almost austere, elegance. It's an intellectual wine to be enjoyed meditatively on one's own."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Cabernet Franc, 15% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep, black cherry with a touch of a bright, shiny red.
- On the nose: Fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary with hints of mint, blueberries, pickled cherry, prune, tobacco leaves and cured meat.
- On the plate: Soft, yet vibrant entrance evolving on a framed mouthfeel with blackberries and blueberries, lingering on chocolate covered cherries.
- Winemaking: Every lot viniﬁed separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentations 100 % gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60 % of new oak
- Bottling: No ﬁning, no ﬁltration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel
- Wine Spectator: 91/100
- eleonorascholes.ru: 91/100
- Falstaff: 92/100
- FINE Das Weinmagazin: 93/100
- Wine Enthusiast: 92/100
- Decanter: 93/100