Primarily blended with classic Bordeaux grapes, our Verruzzo – which means small wild boar – is clearly part of the Monteverro and Terra di Monteverro family and shares the same genes. The power and structure of the Cabernet Sauvignon, the aromatics of the Cabernet Franc, the strength of the Syrah and the softness of the Merlot all merge in a red wine full of aromas, Mediterranean character and elegance.
"An explosion of fruit and freshness for this vinous Verruzzo, with a firm but round tannin, a stimulating and refreshing vintage. A very well balanced wine up into the finish, both vibrating and radiant."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Franc, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Syrah
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Intense ruby with touches of ruby on the rim.
- On the nose: Beautiful explosion of red cherry, cassis, raspberry, red bell pepper and some hints of lilac and cigar box.
- On the plate: Fresh and round entrance evolving on a framed mouthfeel with cassis again, plum, blueberry and white pepper, finishing on touches of tomatoes and underbrush.
- Winemaking: Fermentation in stainless steel tanks Natural fermentations, 100% gravity
- Aging: 12 months in French oak barrels
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking