The entry into the world of our red wines is this uncomplicated cuvée which due to its Sangiovese content represents a concession to the wine-growing tradition of Tuscany, yet at the same time has the spirit of Monteverro with the classic Bordeaux Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. The Verruzzo is aged for about a year in used oak barrels, it is charming even in its youth, soft and accessible and is a popular and versatile accompaniment to meals. It owes its dynamic character to the Sangiovese, its strength and structure to the Cabernet Sauvignon, its spiciness to Cabernet Franc, its softness to Merlot - all in all an Italian cuvée brimming with aroma and elegance. In Italian, “verruzzo” is an affectionate term for a young wild boar.
"An explosion of fruit and freshness for this vinous Verruzzo, with a firm but round tannin, a stimulating and refreshing vintage. A very well balanced wine up into the finish, both vibrating and radiant."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Merlot , 25% Cabernet Franc, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Sangiovese
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Intense ruby with a touch of purple on the rim.
- On the nose: Rich expression of cherry, blueberry, blood orange and tomato sauce with some hints of cigar box.
- On the plate: Round entrance evolving on a framed mouthfeel with cherry muffin, cassis and laurel finishing on touches of plum and lilac.
- Winemaking: Fermentation in stainless steel tanks Natural fermentations 100% gravity
- Aging: 12 months in French oak barrels
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking