The entry into the world of our red wines is this uncomplicated cuvée which due to its Sangiovese content represents a concession to the wine-growing tradition of Tuscany, yet at the same time has the spirit of Monteverro with the classic Bordeaux Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. The Verruzzo is aged for about a year in used oak barrels, it is charming even in its youth, soft and accessible and is a popular and versatile accompaniment to meals. It owes its dynamic character to the Sangiovese, its strength and structure to the Cabernet Sauvignon, its spiciness to Cabernet Franc, its softness to Merlot - all in all an Italian cuvée brimming with aroma and elegance. In Italian, “verruzzo” is an affectionate term for a young wild boar.
"A splendid year for our Verruzzo: a slow, gradual maturing has infused it with juicy notes of forest berry and raspberries and a slightly spicy undertone. Why not try it with tagliatelle and a meat sauce (even better if ""nonna"" has made it) or a good pizza from a wood-burning oven?"
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40% Merlot , 25% Cabernet Franc, 25% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Sangiovese
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep red with a touch of purple on the rim.
- On the nose: Beautiful explosion of cherry, cassis and grenadine with some hints of underbrush, cedar and spices.
- On the plate: Fresh and round entrance evolving on a framed mouthfeel with raspberry and lavender, finishing on touches of cherry and lilac.
- Winemaking: Fermentation in stainless steel tanks Natural fermentations 100% gravity
- Aging: 12 months in French oak barrels
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking