The entry into the world of our red wines is this uncomplicated cuvée which due to its Sangiovese content represents a concession to the wine-growing tradition of Tuscany, yet at the same time has the spirit of Monteverro with the classic Bordeaux Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc. The Verruzzo is aged for about a year in used oak barrels, it is charming even in its youth, soft and accessible and is a popular and versatile accompaniment to meals. It owes its dynamic character to the Sangiovese, its strength and structure to the Cabernet Sauvignon, its spiciness to Cabernet Franc, its softness to Merlot - all in all an Italian cuvée brimming with aroma and elegance. In Italian, “verruzzo” is an affectionate term for a young wild boar.
"Verruzzo 2014's outstanding quality is its rounded, lively character. Zinging with red berry flavour, slightly aromatic and with good velvety tannins, Verruzzo is ideal for evenings spent in the company of friends, and its delicate freshness makes it the king of barbecues. The perfect pairing? Grilled meat and evenings by the water's edge with a guitar"
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40 % Merlot, 25 % Cabernet Franc, 25 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 10 % Sangiovese
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Shiny garnet with touches of English red and purple.
- On the nose: Beautiful rose petal, plum, lavender, wild strawberries.
- On the plate: Velvety entrance evolving on rose petals, strawberry lingering on granular Tannins with touches of cherry and melon.
- Winemaking: Fermentation in stainless steel tanks Natural fermentations 100 % gravity
- Aging: 12 months in French oak barrels
- Bottling: No fining, light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking