Vermentino is the white vine variety par excellence of the Tuscan coast, it is used to make fresh, fruity white wines with fine minerality, and with the fragrance of summer grasses and blossoms, quince and pear. For us, our Vermentino, aged exclusively in steel, is an expression of Italy’s joie de vivre - a light, delicate white wine, particularly well suited as an apéritif or to accompany seafood.
"Vermentino 2017 is crisp in style: the primary aromas of this sea-loving grape pour out of the glass and fill the palate with fruity flavours and persistent freshness. A burst of citrus fruit, pear and a light note of bitter almond on the finish. Ideal for aperitifs, it's the perfect complement to your fried fish."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 100% Vermentino
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Vermentino
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Pale grey with hints of grey gold on the rim
- On the nose: Rich expression of pear, white peach, lychee with the touches of lime and elderberry flowers.
- On the plate: Bright and fresh entrance evolving on grapefruit, peach lingering on fresh cut grass and hint of caramel.
- Winemaking: Whole cluster pressing No malolactic fermentation
- Aging: 6 months on lees in stainless steel tanks
- Bottling: Light filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picked