Paying homage to the great varieties of vine from the Rhône, Syrah and Grenache and proof that excellent qualities are also produced in southern Tuscany. Expressive, aromatic and yet distinctly elegant, smooth, these are the attributes of our second top-class cuvée. The grapes grow on one of our best slopes, all around a centuries-old cork oak close to the macchia shrubland whose typical aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme are reflected in the wine. The cuvée from both kinds of Grenache - for freshness and elegance - and Syrah - for fruit, strength and body - makes this complex, deep-flavoured wine an exception in Tuscany.
"An explosion of Mediterranean scrub and rose petals, this Tinata 2015 is a wine with a very beautiful structure, intense and lively. It would be ideal to forget it for a few more years in the cellar: the aging will do nothing but enhance its innate elegance"
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70 % Syrah, 30 % Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Toscana
- Color: Dark ruby with hints of purple and geranium on the rim.
- On the nose: Explosion of cherry, lavender and rosemary with touches of white pepper, lilac and hits blueberries.
- On the plate: Soft and fresh entrance evolving on velvety mouthfeel lingering on a backbone of acidity and raspberries, tomatoes lingering on cherries and tobacco.
- Winemaking: Extreme block selection Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 70% spent 16 months in French oak barrels with 40% new oak, the remaining 30% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Handpicked, and harvest upon ripeness within sections.
- Falstaff: 94/100
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 94/100
- James Suckling: 95/100