Paying homage to the great varieties of vine from the Rhône, Syrah and Grenache and proof that excellent qualities are also produced in southern Tuscany. Expressive, aromatic and yet distinctly elegant, smooth, these are the attributes of our second top-class cuvée. The grapes grow on one of our best slopes, all around a centuries-old cork oak close to the macchia shrubland whose typical aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme are reflected in the wine. The cuvée from both kinds of Grenache - for freshness and elegance - and Syrah - for fruit, strength and body - makes this complex, deep-flavoured wine an exception in Tuscany.
"A cool year for this sensual Tinata that emanates pink and lavender, and greener tones--caper and tomato leaf. A grand aromatic elegance that will be interesting to observe over the long term. It will be a real standout in particular with grilled marinated venison fillet."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70% Syrah, 30% Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Black cherries with hints of cranberries and geranium on the rim.
- On the nose: Explosion of rose petals, lavender, thyme with touches of pepper and camp fire with hits blackberries, capers and tomato stems.
- On the plate: Nice fresh entrance evolving on fresh cut red fruit like raspberries, red cherries lingering on starfruit and maple syrup.
- Winemaking: Extreme block selection Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 70% spent 16 months in French oak barrels with 40% new oak, the remaining 30% aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Handpicked, and harvest upon ripeness within sections.
- Falstaff: 93 von 100 Punkten
- James Suckling: 94 von 100 Punkten
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 92 von 100 Punkten