Sensuality and Mediterranean aromas are what define this elegant cuvée of Syrah and Grenache that combines complexity and crispness. The grapes grow around a hundred yearold cork oak on one of our best slopes, bordering a stretch of typical Mediterranean maquis, which gives the wine its characteristic aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme. Syrah gives this wine its spicy character and full-bodied structure, Grenache its crispness, elegance and engaging fruity note.
"The best reflection of its terroir, this Tinata 2013 reveals all the facets of those four hectares of vines with the Mediterranean maquis as a backdrop, with great intensity and density. "
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70 % Syrah, 30 % Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Falstaff: 93 von 100 Punkten
- James Suckling: 94/100
- Tastingbook.com: 94/100
- The Wine Advocate: 94+ von 100 Punkten
- Color: Deep dark ruby with touches of purple and pink on the rim.
- On the nose: Beautiful expression of cranberries, melon, and cherry with touches of wild blueberries, tulips.
- On the plate: Soft but fresh entrance evolving on a velvety palate with a mellow tannic frame lingering on tomato, cherries, boysenberries and tobacco.
- Winemaking: Extreme block selection, fermentation in stainless steel and barrel, natural fermentations, 100 % gravity, punch downs by hand
- Aging: 70 % spent 16 months in French oak barrels with 40 % new oak, the remaining 30 % aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Handpicked, and harvest upon ripeness within sections.