Paying homage to the great varieties of vine from the Rhône, Syrah and Grenache and proof that excellent qualities are also produced in southern Tuscany. Expressive, aromatic and yet distinctly elegant, smooth, these are the attributes of our second top-class cuvée. The grapes grow on one of our best slopes, all around a centuries-old cork oak close to the macchia shrubland whose typical aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme are reflected in the wine. The cuvée from both kinds of Grenache - for freshness and elegance - and Syrah - for fruit, strength and body - makes this complex, deep-flavoured wine an exception in Tuscany.
"The best reflection of its terroir, this Tinata 2013 reveals all the facets of those four hectares of vines with the Mediterranean maquis as a backdrop, with great intensity and density. Recommended pairing: ""Roast pigeon on olive wood and shades of red"", as anyone who is in the know will tell you."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70 % Syrah, 30 % Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep dark ruby with touches of purple and pink on the rim.
- On the nose: Beautiful expression of cranberries, melon, and cherry with touches of wild blueberries, tulips.
- On the plate: Soft but fresh entrance evolving on a velvety palate with a mellow tannic frame lingering on tomato, cherries, boysenberries and tobacco.
- Winemaking: Extreme block selection, fermentation in stainless steel and barrel, natural fermentations, 100 % gravity, punch downs by hand
- Aging: 70 % spent 16 months in French oak barrels with 40 % new oak, the remaining 30 % aged in concrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Handpicked, and harvest upon ripeness within sections.