Paying homage to the great varieties of vine from the Rhône, Syrah and Grenache and proof that excellent qualities are also produced in southern Tuscany. Expressive, aromatic and yet distinctly elegant, smooth, these are the attributes of our second top-class cuvée. The grapes grow on one of our best slopes, all around a centuries-old cork oak close to the macchia shrubland whose typical aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme are reflected in the wine. The cuvée from both kinds of Grenache - for freshness and elegance - and Syrah - for fruit, strength and body - makes this complex, deep-flavoured wine an exception in Tuscany.
"2012: an incredible kaleidoscope of aromas for this year's Tinata, which fluctuates between floral, fruity and aromatic. A jewel-in-the-crown in waiting, with a great future ahead of it. We like to imagine it served with a spicy honey-infused duck, on a crisp linen tablecloth."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70% Syrah, 30% Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep dark ruby with touches of garnet on the rim.
- On the nose: Beautiful nose of spices like rosemary, c amphor with touches of cedar, milk chocolate, c herries, lilac, geranium and rose.
- On the plate: Soft entrance evolving on velvety mouthfeel lingering on a backbone of acidity and cherries, raspberries and blueberries.
- Winemaking: Extreme block selection Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel, natural fermentations 100% gravity, punch downs by hand
- Aging: 70% spent 16 months in French oak barrels with 40% new oak, t he remaining 30% aged in c oncrete eggs
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Handpicked, and harvest upon ripeness within sections.
- Mundus Vini: Silver medal
- Falstaff: 94 von 100 Punkten
- James Suckling: 92 von 100 Punkten
- The Wine Advocate: 91 von 100 Punkten
- Weinwisser/René Gabriel: 18 von 20 Punkten