Paying homage to the great varieties of vine from the Rhône, Syrah and Grenache and proof that excellent qualities are also produced in southern Tuscany. Expressive, aromatic and yet distinctly elegant, smooth, these are the attributes of our second top-class cuvée. The grapes grow on one of our best slopes, all around a centuries-old cork oak close to the macchia shrubland whose typical aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme are reflected in the wine. The cuvée from both kinds of Grenache - for freshness and elegance - and Syrah - for fruit, strength and body - makes this complex, deep-flavoured wine an exception in Tuscany.
"2010 yielded a sunny, vibrant and Mediterranean Tinata. The fragrances of the Mediterranean maquis meld with a varietal spiciness to yield a wine that is both powerful and sophisticated. It's the ideal companion to a plate of stuffed quail on a warm autumn day."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70% Syrah, 30% Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep dark black cherry with hints of purple on the rim.
- On the nose: Beautiful explosion of spices like ginger, cinnamon, dry coriander, vanilla bean, balanced with fruit like grenadine and cherry with touches of flowers like geranium, lavender and rose.
- On the plate: Fresh entrance evolving on some nice rose candy and graphite with touches of raspberry, cherry, fresh plum and cranberry lingering on touches of cassis.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 16 months in French oak barrels with 40% of new oak and in concrete egg-shaped fermentation tank
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7.575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel