Paying homage to the great varieties of vine from the Rhône, Syrah and Grenache and proof that excellent qualities are also produced in southern Tuscany. Expressive, aromatic and yet distinctly elegant, smooth, these are the attributes of our second top-class cuvée. The grapes grow on one of our best slopes, all around a centuries-old cork oak close to the macchia shrubland whose typical aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme are reflected in the wine. The cuvée from both kinds of Grenache - for freshness and elegance - and Syrah - for fruit, strength and body - makes this complex, deep-flavoured wine an exception in Tuscany.
"More delicate notes and fresh hints of raspberry, sage and violet in this Tinata, which revealed its more feminine side in 2009. Floral and fragrant, it is an extremely delightful wine today. Recommended with hare stew, by candlelight."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 80% Syrah, 20% Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep ruby with hints of mashed strawberry on the rim.
- On the nose: Varietal specific nose with an explosion of red fruits like red currant and raspberry with hints of spices like sage and clover balanced with blueberries, clay and violet.
- On the plate: Velvety entrance with a bright freshness and fruit like red currants, fresh prunes and black cherries, lingering on dense, velvety tannins.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentations 100 % gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 18 months in French oak barrels with 40 % of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel