Sensuality and Mediterranean aromas are what define this elegant cuvée of Syrah and Grenache that combines complexity and crispness. The grapes grow around a hundred yearold cork oak on one of our best slopes, bordering a stretch of typical Mediterranean maquis, which gives the wine its characteristic aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme. Syrah gives this wine its spicy character and full-bodied structure, Grenache its crispness, elegance and engaging fruity note.
"More delicate notes and fresh hints of raspberry, sage and violet in this Tinata, which revealed its more feminine side in 2009. Floral and fragrant, it is an extremely delightful wine today."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 80% Syrah, 20% Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- TASTED: 91/100
- eleonorascholes.ru: 91/100
- FINE das Weinmagazin: 93/100
- Falstaff: 93/100
- Wineterminator: 95/100
- Guida Oro Veronelli: 95/100
- Wine Enthusiast: 94/100
- Color: Deep ruby with hints of mashed strawberry on the rim.
- On the nose: Varietal specific nose with an explosion of red fruits like red currant and raspberry with hints of spices like sage and clover balanced with blueberries, clay and violet.
- On the plate: Velvety entrance with a bright freshness and fruit like red currants, fresh prunes and black cherries, lingering on dense, velvety tannins.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentations 100 % gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 18 months in French oak barrels with 40 % of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel