Paying homage to the great varieties of vine from the Rhône, Syrah and Grenache and proof that excellent qualities are also produced in southern Tuscany. Expressive, aromatic and yet distinctly elegant, smooth, these are the attributes of our second top-class cuvée. The grapes grow on one of our best slopes, all around a centuries-old cork oak close to the macchia shrubland whose typical aromas of lavender, rosemary and thyme are reflected in the wine. The cuvée from both kinds of Grenache - for freshness and elegance - and Syrah - for fruit, strength and body - makes this complex, deep-flavoured wine an exception in Tuscany.
"Revel in a new kind of sensuality: this Tinata 2008 is the best example of a wine that has found its niche in the Monteverro portfolio of wines thanks to its seductive and elegant character. The perfect accompaniment to wild boar chasseur, preferably by the walls of Capalbio. If you aren't close by, a good alternative is an intimate setting redolent with history."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 70 % Syrah, 30 % Grenache
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep dark cherry with hints of purple on the rim.
- On the nose: Explosion of freshly cut lavender, blueberries, game, black currant, tulips, black cherry, chocolate and cedar wood.
- On the plate: Intense entrance with a velvety mouth feel, blueberries, blackberries and dark coco powder balanced with red cherry, lingering on rose petals.
- Winemaking: Every lot vinified separately Fermentation in inox and barrel Natural fermentation 100 % gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 50 % of new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtration
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel
- Weinwisser/René Gabriel: 19/20
- Vini d'Italia - Gambero rosso: 2 Bicchieri
- FINE Das Weinmagazine: 94/100
- Wineterminator: 93/100
- Falstaff: 93/100
- Guida Oro di Veronelli: 96/100
- The Wine Advocate: 90/100
- Wine Enthusiast: 94/100