TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
We like to refer to our Terra di Monteverro as the little brother of our top Monteverro wine because the Terra is produced from the same vine varieties - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, so is also a classic Bordeaux cuvée. It goes without saying that strict selection in the vineyards, harvesting by hand and the utmost care in the cellar are par for the course here. The difference: some of the grapes come from different parcels, even the composition of the cuvée may vary. A wine with an excellent price-performance ratio which even in the early years was quite open and accessible and entices with the aromas of the shrubland as well as fruity notes of cherries and red berries.
"In this very expressive vintage our Terra gives its best: so much ripe red fruit in the glass, chased by balsamic notes of eucalyptus that gives a sapid, fruity, breezy and fresh mouth. The race of a wild horse on our Tuscan Coast."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 40 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Cabernet Franc, 15 % Merlot, 5 % Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Deep dark cherry with touches of ruby on the rim.
- On the nose: Explosion of red fruits like raspberry, with touches of sundried tomatoes, eucalyptus and hits cassis, blueberries and cigar box.
- On the plate: Velvety and fresh entrance evolving on structured tannins with red cherry, plum and cassis lingering on fresh tobacco.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations 100% gravity Punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel
- Falstaff: 91/100
- Wine Advocate by Robert Parker: 93/100
- James Suckling: 93/100