TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
We like to refer to our Terra di Monteverro as the little brother of our top Monteverro wine because the Terra is produced from the same vine varieties - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, so is also a classic Bordeaux cuvée. It goes without saying that strict selection in the vineyards, harvesting by hand and the utmost care in the cellar are par for the course here. The difference: some of the grapes come from different parcels, even the composition of the cuvée may vary. A wine with an excellent price-performance ratio which even in the early years was quite open and accessible and entices with the aromas of the shrubland as well as fruity notes of cherries and red berries.
"Terra di Monteverro 2013 blends richness and freshness, expressiveness and balance, a genuine masterpiece of harmony in all its guises. Nota bene: it's terribly good and will improve with time. Its ideal companion? A good steak on the bone, served very rare."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 50 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 30 % Cabernet Franc, 15 % Merlot, 5 % Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana Rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Dark cherry with touches of Ferrari red on the rim.
- On the nose: Nice red fruit like raspberry, red cherry with touches of sundried tomatoes, roast beef, lingering on darker fruit like currant with hints of pine.
- On the plate: Fresh red fruit explosion evolving on framed tannins with touches of herbs like tarragon, lingering on starfruit.
- Winemaking: Each Jot fermented separately, fermentation in stainless steel and barre!, natural fermentations, 100 % gravity, punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60 % new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel
- Falstaff: 92/100
- Wine Spectator: 91/100
- James Suckling: 92/100
- The Wine Advocate: 92/100