TERRA DI MONTEVERRO
We like to refer to our Terra di Monteverro as the little brother of our top Monteverro wine because the Terra is produced from the same vine varieties - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, so is also a classic Bordeaux cuvée. It goes without saying that strict selection in the vineyards, harvesting by hand and the utmost care in the cellar are par for the course here. The difference: some of the grapes come from different parcels, even the composition of the cuvée may vary. A wine with an excellent price-performance ratio which even in the early years was quite open and accessible and entices with the aromas of the shrubland as well as fruity notes of cherries and red berries.
"A sunny Terra di Monteverro that radiates energy and maintains its fresh vitality, even for a particularly hot season. Its character makes it the ideal accompaniment to chicken curry and wok-fried vegetables."
More information on the vintages
- Selection: 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Cabernet Franc, 15% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot
- Denomination: IGT Toscana rosso
- Region: Maremma, Tuscany
- Color: Dark black ruby with touches of mashed strawberries on the rim.
- On the nose: Great balance between spiciness of earl grey, tarragon with touches of dark fruit like black cherries and cassis, chalk, after eight, reglisse and sun dried tomatoes.
- On the plate: Soft entrance evolving on framed tannins with fresh ripe fruit like boysenberries lingering on fresh herbs.
- Winemaking: Each lot fermented separately Fermentation in stainless steel and barrel Natural fermentations, 100% gravity, punch downs by hand
- Aging: 20 months in French oak barrels with 60% new oak
- Bottling: No fining, no filtering
- Soil: Clay and limestone with eroded stones
- Plantation: 7,575 vines/ha oriented north/south
- Harvest: Hand picking and harvest date adapted to each section of a parcel
- Vinous: 90 von 100 Punkten
- Falstaff: 91 von 100 Punkten
- Mundus Vini: Gold medal
- James Suckling: 92 von 100 Punkten
- Wine Spectator: 90 von 100 Punkten
- The Wine Advocate: 91 von 100 Punkten